Wednesday, June 10, 2020





For My Magic Man

Your words touched my Heart.
My Mind.
My Soul.
And you dragged them
Struggling wildly
In resistance.
Into the Sunlight
Where they could Breathe
Again.
The Heart that offered
Only half beats.
The Mind that held
Only dark secrets.
The Soul
That knew only sadness.
I had given up Hope.
Of Love.
And Happiness.
Hiding within the
Solitude of Silence.
Where have you been
All these years?
All these tears?
And how did you find me?
No matter.
You are here now.
Surrounding my Being
With Love.
You convinced me that
Simply breathing isn’t enough
To Live.
That I don’t have to be
Perfect.
Quiet.
Alone.
I can speak my thoughts
And your face won’t redden with rage.
The walls are now safe.
The air is no longer polluted
With hateful words.
I am Safe.
I am Loved.
I am Happy.
And I am Yours.

(Passed away June 7, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment