Wednesday, March 21, 2018


It has been so long since
I’ve heard my son laugh.
Or saw that brilliant smile
Spread across his handsome face.

And I wonder…

Will I ever experience those
Happy moments again?

There is no music so beautiful
As the laughter of one’s child.
No silence as deafening
As the absence of that laughter.

A Mother’s days are
Caught up in the mundane tasks
Of everyday living.
Her nights are filled with
Anguish over the happiness
Of her children.

Plotting cruel schemes
Against those who have stolen
Their smiles and
Killed their laughter.

If she’s a GOOD Mother she does.

And while we wait for those
Magical moments to return to us,
To once again brighten our days,
Our hearts are filled with a
Sadness.

Mothers spend their lives
In the torment of helplessness
Over broken hearts
Broken promises
Broken dreams.

And in that helplessness
We know the sorrow
Of our children.

And we alone remain to weep.


(Even though my son is a grown man, with kids of his own, he will always be my baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment