Wednesday, August 9, 2023

It has been a very long time since I've even remotely felt like writing anything. Here or anywhere. But yesterday, I had a serious (sometimes comical) talk with myself. My goals. My needs. My wants. My purpose.

And there you see it: MY. ME.

So, what's wrong with that? Besides just about everything. 

Yes, my life feels quite empty without Steve. My kids and grandkids all have their lives. I can interact with them when they choose to. There's nothing wrong with that. Except when you're NEEDY, like me.

So....this talk I had with myself. What did I say? Besides SNAP OUT OF IT!!! The World DOES NOT revolve around YOU!?!?!

I began to realize that we don't always KNOW why we are here. And I don't believe any of the religious "explanations," for lack of a better, less dignified word. Makes absolutely NO SENSE to me.

But....

I DO believe in Karma. And there's SOME reason for me to still be hanging around. A reason that doesn't affect ME so much as it may affect someone ELSE. 

I may not be aware of who that person is; maybe we haven't even crossed paths yet. Maybe I won't even realize it when we DO. Maybe they're in my life right now but I just don't know it.

I've got a good life. I have my kids. I am comfortable in my home. The bills are paid and there's food on the table. Or at McDonald's! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about!!!

Except certain politicians! Not mentioning any names, of course, Donald.

So, there you have it. 

Now...on to watch the Detroit Tigers and then Seattle Mariners baseball games!

Thanks for listening! (You WERE listening, right?)

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

No comments:

Post a Comment